Digital Marketing Academy 1.0
The first Digital Marketing Academy, launched in June 2014, was a seven month programme encouraging real digital marketing experiments on real audiences in real arts organisations.
Some of the learning that came out of the Digital Marketing Academy 1.0 included:
- the development of a new online platform bringing teachers and arts organisations together
- extensive experiments on audience segmentation
- breakthroughs in the use of Google Analytics
- the development of a crowdfunding website
- data analysis and auditing
- increased knowledge of Facebook advertising
- exciting A/B email testing
- analysis of social media strategy
- investigations into staff digital functions and organisational structure
The Fellows were supported by six Mentors, all leading digital experts, who advised, guided and pushed the Fellows to create, develop and experiment through their digital marketing. There has been great learning and impact for individuals and organisations across the sector.
CultureHive Best Practice is managed by the Arts Marketing Association, in partnership with The Audience Agency, part of Arts Council England’s Audience Focus programme, supported by Lottery funding.
Over eight months, 20 forward-thinking cultural marketers will carry out a series of work-based digital marketing experiments.
A supportive environment
Expert digital mentors from around the world will help the fellows harness the creative strengths of their organisations.
Benefits for the whole cultural sector
The processes and outcomes of the experiments will be shared in order to benefit everybody in the cultural sector.